Chocolate and peanut butter go so well together.
My kids and I are the biggest Reeses Peanut Butter Cup fans in the world. In fact, my kids buy each other those giant one-pound versions for each other for their birthdays, Christmas and just about any excuse they can find. So the revelation of making this Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars recipe, which I might add, is dangerously easy, has been a huge hit with our family.
I recently co-hosted a wedding shower and made 48 strawberry and lemon cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting.
On any other day, this would have been great but guess what? No one ate them because of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
Pretty much shot myself in the foot with that one.
Cuz. Chocolate. And. Peanut Butter.
You should totally make these!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 c.salted butter, melted*
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs or about 2 full sleeves
- 2 c. powdered) sugar
- 1¾ c. creamy peanut butter, divided
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil. Press all around edges to mold pan sides
- Put graham crackers in a food processor and make crumbs or alternately put in gallon freezer bag, seal and roll with rolling pin to crumbs
- Mix the melted butter, graham crumbs, powdered sugar and all but ¼ cup of the peanut butter with a mixer then evenly spread into lined pan
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining ¼ cup peanut butter in microwave by putting in for 1 minute intervals and stirring after each one just until melty and smooth
- Spread over peanut butter mixture
- Chill at least 2-3 hours.
- Removed from refrigerator and peel off foil
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator